Frequently Asked Questions:
Who all are eligible to participate?
Select your country for the eligibility criteria
- Advanced Students (studying the last 2 years of their degree ) in Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or any other field of Economic Sciences - Students in their penultimate or final year of their Masters programme - Students in the first or final year of MBA
- Students in the final year of CA, CFA & FRM
Students in their penultimate or final year of their Masters programme
What should be the length of the dissertation?
- Max 2500 words (10 pages), including a one-page executive summary
- Font to be used: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 point
- Language: English, Spanish, Polish or Chinese
Are the listed topics indicative or specific? Can we submit a thesis work for the series?
The topics listed are specific. However, we receive queries from students on whether they can submit their own thesis on other topics for the competition. You are welcome to do so, but cannot assure you that it will be considered for the CRISIL Young Thought Leader 2011 competition.
How do I forward my dissertation to CRISIL?
The dissertation should be in MS Word without graphics (explanatory graphs and charts are permitted), accompanied by a one-page CV/profile of the participant and the CYTL Registration form that can be downloaded here. It should be sent via email to Ms. Gene Salis at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the criteria on which the dissertations will be judged?
The dissertations will be evaluated for
- Originality of thought
- Depth of research analysis
- Quality of writing (style and presentation), and
- Effective use of data
Is the CYTL competition for individuals or can teams also participate?
CYTL competition is for individuals only.
Students have to disclose all sources of information and any references to the material that he/she may have used in the dissertation.